Brrrr is it cold at Foxtrot! 5 PAX braved the cold to join me for a Christmas Mash Up. We got moving with some big stretches, arm circles, Michael Phelps, and butt kicks. Then our real warm up was a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer song challenge. Every time you hear the following words in the song, you do the associated exercise. I used the Pentatonix version of Rudolph. When not doing the following, we marched or jogged in place.
Santa – Push Up
Rudolph – Burpee
Reindeer – Squat
Christmas – Jumping Jack
After that we were definitely warm and starting to shed layers. Next up was the 12 Days of Christmas and a Santa’s Helper.
I had 4 exercises listed as Santa’s Helper. Every time we came back to the mats, we did one of the exercises.
20 Bicep Curls
20 Front Raises
20 Overhead Press
20 Tricep Kickbacks
Then Repeat the cycle.
We did one Santa’s Helper, then ran to the First Day of Christmas cone. We did the exercise on the cone and ran back to our mats. We did the second Santa’s helper, then ran to the second day of Christmas cone. We did the exercise listed on the cone, then ran back to the first cone to do that exercise again. Then back to the mats for Santa’s helper. Then we ran to the third day of Christmas cone, did the exercise, stopped at 2 and 1 and ran back to the mats. This continued for the full 12 days of Christmas!
1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree – 20 Figure 4 Squats (each side)
2. Two Turtle Doves – 1 Love Bug (5 one legged tricep dips, flip over 5 one legged push ups, again with other leg, 20 reps total)
3. Three French Hens – 30 Chicken Wings
4. Four Calling Birds – 40 Scarecrows
5. Five Golden Rings – 15 Around the Worlds
6. Six Geese a Laying – duck walk to cone
7. Seven Swans a Swimming – 7 Plié Squats & Leg Lifts (squat, leg forward, leg side, leg back, squat, other leg forward, side, back, squat – that’s 1)
8. Eight Maids a Milking – 18 Deadlifts
9. Nine Ladies Dancing – 9 Curtsy Lunges each side
10. Ten Lords a Leaping – 10 Squat Jumps
11. Eleven Pipers Piping – 110 Calf Raises with arms up (like piping!)
12. Twelve Drummers Drumming – 120 Toe Taps
This was great in theory, but the Santa’s Helpers made us run out of time and we had to squeeze in the last few days. So, if I did this again, I’d leave out Santa’s Helper. It was a great arm workout though!
We snapped a quick, lopsided pic, prayed and did our COT. Thank you for braving the cold to come work out with me, ladies!