Saturdays at The Grove are just my favorite. I missed last week thanks to an early gym meet, so I was so thankful to be back to my normal Saturday routine. Who doesn’t love chatting with their friends at 7 in the morning and 30 degree weather? Thankfully once we got moving, we warmed up and even shed some layers.
We started with a slow warm up of stretches while we waited on Choo Choo who was running just a bit late. Then we took a lap to buy a little more time before we got started.
Then with everyone ready, we started our Tabata combo moves. We did 1 minute of exercise, 15 seconds of rest.
1. Wide Bicep Curl to Upright Row to chin
2. Wide Sumo Squat with a knee to elbow crunch. Alternate sides.
3. Narrow squat with a step back lunge. Switch sides.
4. Mt. Climbers x 4 with a burpee jump
5. Curtsy lunge to squat, alternating sides
6. Side lunge to backward lunge, alternating sides
7. Single Leg Dead Lift with a standing Fire Hydrant – just one leg.
8. Other leg – sldl plus fire hydrant
9. Dead lift to Hammer Curl to Squat (a triple threat!)
10. Glute Bridge with a marching leg lift (each side)
After each cycle we did a couple ab exercises. 43 LBCs after round 1 and a lap. Then we repeated the Combos and did 39 Bicycles and 39 Russian Twists with another lap. We made it through 8 of the 10 combos a third time before we ran out of time. We snapped a pic, circled up for prayer and Name-O-Rama. Then we scattered for mom duty. It was the best way to start our a Saturday! Thank you for joining me y’all!