72 beautiful and strong bodies gathered together for some fun and fitness Saturday morning! This amazing group of men and women spent some time investing in their health and the health of their littles! We are more than just a workout. We are a tribe, a village, a support group, a family.
We started with a quick 5 minute game of Sharks and Minnows to warm up! 2.0s were the sharks and parents were the minnows. Essentially a giant game of freeze tag – the sharks were trying to tag the minnows and if tagged the minnows were frozen until their 2.0 “unfroze’ them by tagging them. Lots of fun!
We had 5 stations and broke everyone into 5 groups of 12-15. Each group was assigned a station and each station was 5 minutes long. After the 5 minutes was up, everyone rotated to the next station. We had enough time to complete 1 full rotation and part of a second (3 stations). The stations were as follows:
- Ring Toss – Each PAX took a turn tossing the ring. If they landed it ALL PAX did an exercise from the “ON” list, if they missed it, All PAX did an exercise from the “OFF” list. Repeat taking turns throwing the ring and moving through the list of exercises until time ran out.
- ON – 10 Sumo Squats, 10, Merkins, 15 Russian Twists, 25 Hallelujahs, 10 Star Jumps
- Off – 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 10 Donkey Kicks, 20 Mountain Climbers, 15 Squat Jumps
- Balls of Fury – Each PAX took turns picking a ball from the bucket of exercises AND a ball from the bucket of reps. All PAX completed the reps and exercise together.
- Corn Hole – All PAX started with exercise 1 on the list while one PAX threw the bean bag until they made it in. Once they made it in all PAX moved to exercise 2 on the list and a new PAX threw the bean bag until they made it in. Continued until time ran out!
- Cake Walk – Unfortunately, there was no cake actual cake 🙂 This one was like a smaller 4 corners. All PAX started at cone 1, completed the exercise listed on the cone, bear crawled to cone 2, completed the exercise listed, bear crawled to cone 3 etc…until time ran out.
- Pick a Duck – We placed a bucket with rubber ducks at one end and all PAX stood at the other. There was an exercise written on the bottom of each duck. 1 PAX ran to the bucket, picked a duck and ran back. All PAX did the exercise on the duck while another PAX ran to the bucket to pick a duck! Repeated until time ran out!
We circled up for our COT, Name-O-Rama and prayer.
Spending time with our families (blood and not) is invaluable. We made lots of memories and had lots of fun spending time getting #bettertogether! Thank you ALL for making this happen and for investing in yourselves, your families and your communities. This is what it is all about – planting seeds, being leaders, and growing together!
Thank you to those who donated items, food, their time and energy to help pull this off. Thank you Wonder Woman for pulling some strings to get the gym at the last minute! Special shout out to Whole Coconut – it would NOT have happened without her!