Summer is definitely here ya’ll. It was a hot, humid, and sweaty morning. SO met me for some early steps. As we were coming across the parking lot we could hear some excitement happening over by the cars as people were coming in. We wondered what all the fuss was…until we met up with the rest of the group and saw that Bourbon was back! It was wonderful to see her sweet face!
We warmed up with neck and arm circles. Hip circles and rotations, and finished with leg swings. With all the joints warmed up I demonstrated the Thang.
The Thang: 50 sec/10 rest Strength Tabata
- Deadlift with upright rows
- American Pie sit up with overhead weight raise ( lay back in beginning position of American pie sit-up with arm stretched above your head with a weight, lift up with your abs and bring weight above your head. Extend all the way up with a straight back. Then back down.)
- Jack knife leg lifts (or also known as Figure 4 leg lifts. Get in leg lift position, place your right foot on the left leg right above the knee. Legs are in a figure 4. Now lift your left leg up and back down without touching the ground. Switch legs halfway.)
- Curtsy lunge with lateral raises
- Goblet Squat with hammer curl (Hold 1 or 2 weights in goblet squat position. Squat down into a deep squat. At the bottom of your squat lower your weight and back up doing a hammer curl. Then stand back up to starting position.)
- Reverse lunge into an OHP (With weights in both hands, drop into a reverse lunge. Step back up and power up an overhead press, repeat with opposite leg.)
- Runners lunge with trunk rotation (Start in plank position. Step your right foot forward next to your right hand. Your now in a low lunge. Then, take your right arm and rotate it out and up, rotating your upper body as well, head looking up. Bring arm back down, bring foot back to plank position. Repeat with opposite foot.)
- Plank push up with row & extension (whew now this one was challenging! Start in plank position. You could either have your weights in hand or next to your hands. Do a push up. Then with your right arm lift up your weight into a row, then extend your arm back and do a weighted extension. Then bring your arm back down. Do a push up and repeat with left arm. )
- Glute bridge with pullover press (While holding a glute bridge, hands are flat over you head with a weight. Pull your arms up and over your head, above your chest. Bring your weight down into a chest press. Back up, and then back down over your head. When bringing the weight down over your head your goal should be to not let the weight hit the ground, stopping right before it does.)
We were able to complete 4 times through and finish right on time. I really enjoyed coming up with this beatdown and hope you felt challenged by it. I know I did. We were down to the last few exercises and Lose yourself by Eminem came on. We used it as fuel to finish strong!
We circled up for COT and NoR. A quick prayer for Straight Shooter and the families with kids going back to school.
Thanks for making me better. I appreciate each and every one of you!!
Until next time ladies…..and don’t forget to be awesome today!