Wednesday was National Pizza Party Day so I decided we HAD to work with that theme. Luckily, 7 of my fabulous FiA ladies took the bait and showed up for a pizza-less workout.
We played a little game of Would you Rather and got to know a bit more about each other and our pizza preferences. We grapevined to the left or right depending on your answer.
Would you rather…
- have breakfast pizza or dessert pizza?
- eat cold leftover pizza at home or eat hot, fresh pizza in a restaurant?
- have pineapple or anchovies on your pizza?
- have red sauce or white sauce?
- live in a pool of pizza sauce or a pool of cheese?
- dip your pizza in ranch or blue cheese?
- a New York slice or Chicago deep dish?
- stuffed crust or cauliflower crust?
- eat pizza every day for the rest of your life or go 2 years without pizza?
I put a bucket down at the other end of the parking lot that was filled with slips of paper folded in half. On each one I had written a pizza topping and when you opened it up there was an exercise written on the inside. We took turns running to get a slip of paper and then we all did 25 reps of whatever was on the paper. We all either held chair or plank while the runner was getting the next exercise. The toppings/exercises were:
- Sausage = Deadlifts
- Ham = Tricep Extensions
- Ground Beef = Plank Jacks
- Bacon = Narrow Squats
- Chorizo = Upright Rows
- Meatballs = Bicep to Overhead Press
- Pepperoni = Mountain Climbers
- Fresh Basil = Hammer Curls
- Spinach = Monkey Humpers
- Green Peppers = Skull Crushers
- Red Pepper Flakes = Burpees
- Pineapple = Chest Flys
- Banana Peppers = Merkins
- Tomato = Inchworms
- Sun Dried Tomatoes = Flutter Kicks
- Fresh Garlic = Carolina Dry Docks
- Cheese = Sumo Squats
- Onions = Jump Squats
- Mushrooms = Russian Twists
- Broccoli = Bourbons
- Jalapeño Peppers = Hip Dips
- Black Olives = Big Girl Sit-ups
- Arugula = Bicep Curls
This was a doozy of a workout and we got through almost all the toppings. We certainly earned our extra slice that night! Thank you ladies for joining me!