What a crowd this morning at the Den! 15 smiling faces met on the mat for Power Yoga. And one beautiful FNG who probably had no idea what was about to go down! (Thank you for staying Spartan!!) It was dry and warm-ish but WOW that wind! (You are welcome for a flow with very few standing balance postures!) You all were my first “class” after Yoga Teacher graduation so THANK YOU for being a willing and graceful bunch. And always super fun with laughter and positivity. 🙂
Here’s our thang:
- Slow neck rolls and large arm circles (seated)
- Cat Cow into Extended Half Crescent Moon with elbow to knee contractions (both sides)
- Arm sequence: Lat pulls (R &L), lateral weighted pulses, overhead extensions, tricep extensions
- Forward folds, standing side stretches to low lunge and half split stretches
- Sun A with 3 legged dog variation (4 in total)
- Lunge, Warrior III, Goddess poses with 10 pulses at each position (option to hold weights)
- Shoulder and Hip isolations (let me know when you feel those ladies!!)
- Floating Frog to Sheeba Squats (R&L)
- Child’s post to chataranga pushups (10) and Dolphin dips
- Had some fun with “The Squat Song” challenge!
- Stretching – seated forward folds, cobbler pose, arm stretches front and back
We wrapped with prayer and a quick COT! Back at it again soon! (And let me know if you want more yoga!) I’m pretty sure those Floating Frogs will creep into some other beat downs…they are pretty awesome in a painful way LOL!