These ladies are Rock Stars. I love Saturday workouts because things aren’t normally so rushed for me and I can talk and get to know everyone a little better. The heat is just horrible this time of year but we made it through the workout better together. We started with some light stretches, some toy soldiers (IC) and some jumping jacks on our own while the stragglers got set up to go. Then on to the main workout: THE BENCH.
We had a tabata workout of 45 seconds on with 15 seconds rest between exercises. I made sure to reiterate that I wasn’t liable for anyone not able to do some of the exercises which kind of felt like Cirque du Soleil. The lady on the You Tube video made it look so much easier. Many modifications were shown and I was proud of the ladies who listened to their bodies and did what worked best for them.
1. Bulgarian Split Squat – left leg up
2. Elevated Shoulder Taps
3. Step Ups with Knee Drive
4. Push Ups
5. Glute Bridge – left leg on bench with right leg in the air
6. Lateral Plank Crawl – Feet on bench, hands on ground and walk plank left & right the length of the bench. You can also do this with hands on the bench and feet on the ground.
7. Mountain Climbers
8. Bulgarian Split Squat – right leg up
Ran a lap
9. Tricep Push Ups
10. Side Steps Up – change sides half way
11. Reverse Plank Knee Ups
12. Glute Bridge – right leg on bench and left leg in the air
13. Sit to jump – squat till bum hits the bench and spring up with 2 hops before squatting again
14. Tricep Dips
15. V sit alternating legs – sit in V sit position on the ground and move legs over and under bench in scissor Like position alternating which leg was on top and bottom
16. Decline Push Ups
17. Toe Taps
We then moved to the 6 pack wheel of death. Six minutes straight with no rests starting with high knees for 30 seconds, move to ab exercise for 30 seconds, back to high knees and then on to next ab exercise. High knees were between each ab exercise and everything was 30 seconds straight thru. My high knees looked more like a jog in place by the end. Lots of up down in quick succession. The ab exercise were as follows:
Big Girl Sit Ups
In & outs
We then went back thru the bench exercises again with a run between numbers 8 & 9. We ended with a few stretches before circling up and name o rama.
Many prayer requests today. God knows all about it.
Thanks for working out with me ladies. I enjoyed having all of you there. #bettertogether