What a beautiful group of women who showed up and out today. Summertime you never know how many people will be able to come with sports, vacation, new locations, life, etc so I was excited we had such a great crowd today. We started with a warm up of Never Have I Ever over 40 Edition. I giggled when I found it online and found a good time to use it. If you had done the item then you did jumping jacks and if you hadn’t you did high knees.
1. Ate dinner at 4 pm
2. Peed your pants while laughing
3. Pulled a muscle while getting out of the bed
4. Need a full day to recover from a night out
5. Google searched text abbreviations to find out their meaning
6. Spent more than $200 on a handbag
7. Lied about your age
8. Know every word to the Grease soundtrack – should have substituted Dirty Dancing right here and probably would have had more yes
9. Went to work wearing mismatched shoes
10. Been told you are not dressed appropriately for your age
11. Had a Cabbage Patch doll when you were little
12. Owned Doc Martens
13. Been carded and felt good about it
14. Accidentally sent a text to the wrong person
I didn’t do the whole list but did include it in the pics section so you can read the rest.
We then started on the WASH. We broke this up into 5 rounds with a lap at each round kind of like the Murph at Memorial Day
50 Werkins – wide push ups
100 American Hammers (Russian Twists sets)
150 Step Ups (total not sets)
200 Hip Thrusters – glute bridge in crab position
Each round we did 10, 20, 30, 40 respectively followed by a run.
We then moved to the Pendulum which is a squat, right lateral leg raise, squat, left lateral leg raise. We did that for the whole song of Salt N Pepa’s “Whatta Man”. I thought the song was a little shorter than what it really was so I cut it off at 4 1/2 minutes.
Next we did triple check. Group up in 3’s and one person runs while another does bicep curls & the last does in & outs. Keep trading until all of you have done each exercise 3 times.
Last we did a song challenge with “Thunderstruck”. Everyone started with hallelujahs and did a burpee when they said Thunderstruck. What I found is that it takes them a long time to say Thunderstruck. They say thunder a lot so we did a lot of arm exercises while waiting on Thunderstruck. Each person could change the arm exercises as needed throughout the song from scarecrows, to Randy’s, to hallelujahs, to chicken wings, etc. When they do say Thunderstruck they say it a lot in a row so be ready.
We then circled up for COT and name o rama before celebrating Bridesmaid’s birthday today. Thank you all for joining me this morning.