This “Hi 37!” beatdown gets its name from occurring the day after my 37th birthday. Though now I suppose that it should be named 38 because it was the first day of my 38th year, but I’ll let it stand as it was. I overthink things. 🙂
9:30am at The Thicket
Wonder Woman, Pinterest, Peacemaker, Valor, and Tiny Dancer were there, and we welcomed 2 FNG’s “Dory” (Kelly) Respect! and “Shapeshifter” (Melinda) Respect! Respect!
Disclaimer was given, then The Thang began:
3 rounds of 7 exercises, 37 reps each (was the plan, but due to time, the 2nd and 3rd rounds ended up halving the reps to 20 and then 10, respectively.)
*Warmup with some chair squats and sumo squat/sun salutation type movements
- (for Upper body) -Tricep Dips
- (Ab) – Oblique side bends/crunches – 37 total
- (Lower) – Battement Tendu or Grand Battement (a Ballet exercise. 12 each side: front, middle, back – each leg) – in turnout and with arms out if possible.
- (Cardio) – Snow-shoeing(?idk name? like standing Mt. Climbers, but more lunge-y)
- (Upper) – Scull Crushers (37) with scissor legs
- (AB) – Plank with leg raises (37 total)
- (Lower) – Frog Jumps
*Karaoke until everyone is done with the round, so we start each round together.
Repeat rounds: (As stated above, the 2nd round reps were reduced to 20, and the 3rd round was reduced to 10.)
*STREEEEETTTCCCCHHH all the things. (Neck, Forearms, arms/triceps, oblique, spine, quads, booty, hamstrings, calves, ankles.)
Circle of Trust, Nameorama & a blessing.
“May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”