08/17/2021 - den - Dirty Dozen LIFT Style
AO: The Den
QIC: Straight Shooter
Number of Pax: 10
Number of FNGS: 0
Choo Choo, Wonderland, Nottely, Aquamarine, Partly Cloudy, Forte, Dr Doolittle, Shrinky Dink, Spartan, Straight Shooter
Nine beautiful ladies didn’t let Tropical Storm Fred deter them from working out this morning and met me under the awning of the school. We were lucky that there was only a light steady rain for most of the time. We combined the normal beatdown with my LIFT beatdown because of the rain but I did give them a few options of cardio to do between sets if they wanted and several ladies took me up on it. We did some stretches, some windmills IC, and some toy soldiers IC before getting into the Dirty Dozen.
We had 12 exercises (4 each of arms, legs, abs) that we did 12 reps or sets of.
1. Flamingo bicep curls (stand on one left & do 12 bicep curls and then switch legs)
2. Gun show – one arm straight out to the side while the other did 12 overhead press and then switch
3. Rotator raise
4. Y raises
Cardio people had a chance to run down the covered area, do jumping jacks, jump rope, etc.
5. Side step squats – in squat position step right 2 places and then left 2 places & that equals one
6. Curtsy lunge with one pulse – 12 each side
7. Pendulums – right leg raise, squat, left leg raise, squat equals one
8. Side lunges
Cardio peeps did their thing.
9. Wood chops – 12 each side
10. Wide side crunch – in squat position holding light dumbbells lower elbow to knee (on the same side) – 12 each side
11. Torso twist – weight held out in front of you and twist to right & left 12 times each
12. Side bend with dumbbells overhead – holding light dumbbells overhead you lower and twist to each side 12 times – done slowly and you don’t bend low – just enough to stretch the obliques
Cardio people did their thing.
We went thru it twice. I wasn’t sure we would make it a 3rd time so Partly Cloudy picked the gun show and rotator raise for the arm exercises for us to do again. Aquamarine chose the curtsy lunge pulses and side lunges for legs and Forte chose the wood chops and torso twists for abs.
We did have a few minutes left so we did 2 rounds of ring of fire. First was everyone do hammer curls and we pass 5 scarecrows and then everyone did squats and passed 10 calf raises. The cardio peeps did their thing while the rest of us stretched before COT and name o rama.
I’m thankful each and every one of you made it out this morning and I hope you all have a wonderful day.